Library Open Week event in the University from 15th July to 20th July 2019.
It is going to be a very interesting week full of learning. We shall have training on electronic databases of journals and books, among other activities.
During the week, we shall also have a book launch for our Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Bakari. His book, The sage of Moroni, is available in the library. Link- http://library.riu.ac.ke/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=33829.
The guest speaker during the library week , Ms. Yvonne Adhiambo- an award winning author- also has her latest book (The Dragonfly Sea) in the library. Link- http://library.riu.ac.ke/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=33910
The open week will comprise of the following activities:
- Exhibiting Library Information Resources
- Training sessions on Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC), Subscribed electronic resources, & Freely Available Open Access Resources (OA),
- Public lectures by key personalities
- Awards to the best written essay( We have thematic areas on :Future of libraries;Library Impact on Societies; &Evolution of libraries, which students will write on)
- Launching of the university Book Club.
The Objectives of the Open Day/Open Access Week:
- To create awareness of library services and resources, and equip users with e-resources searching skills to increase usage.
- To promote research, scholarship and publishing.
- To promote readership.