RAF Modern Library
Message from the Librarian
It is my pleasure to welcome you to RAF International University Library. First and foremost, I would like to thank the many people who invested so much into this wonderful multi-million dollar modern library by giving out their creativity, ideas, architectural knowledge, and skills, financial and above all hard work. Ours is a gem of a library, so I invite every knowledge seeking persons to come and experience this!
On our part, as reflected in the RIU Library’s mission, the library supports student transformation via the discovery of resources as they explore, evaluate, and engage in intellectual pursuits and community building. Guided by RIU mission, vision, and strategic directions, the Library supports and provides information resources and services for teaching, scholarship and research activities of the University in accordance with the University strategic plan.
Our library contains a hybrid collection of printed course-related book materials, and other e-resources such as e-journals, e-books, electronic theses & dissertations.
Our Library offers excellent internet connectivity and efficient online access to its rich e-resources and digital content through an advanced set of information and communication technology-based facilities.
The RIU Library staff pledge to ensure that it stays committed to obtaining unavailable requested materials from the book suppliers and inter-library exchanges, and above all, sustain a welcoming environment founded on trust and respect. Within such an environment, we shall be able to listen, respond and collaborate with the RIU community in a process that is characterized by generosity of spirit, good humor, and creative thinking.
I am very excited about the future of RIU library; a future that is bright and depends on mutual collaboration.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Main Sections
- Reading Area
- Circulation Area
- Short loan (Reserved) area
- Reference Area
- Display Area
- Stack Area
- Catalogue Area
- Staff Offices
- Africanna and special collection section
- Reference Services
- Current Awareness Services
- User Education / Information Literacy Services
- Audio-visual services
- Bibliographic Search Services
- IT Section and Internet services
RAF University Library is a modern library whose vision is to become the leading university in provision of learning materials in the region and beyond. In the desired future, the Library will ensure that its collections remain forward-looking, diverse in coverage and form, open to browsing, and of world-renowned quality. The Library’s physical and virtual spaces will be planned in such a way that they will respond to the changing user needs.
Build a collection of resources that serves the teaching and research needs of the students and faculty members of RAF. Additionally, RAF library will present its users access to and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources. A welcoming environment for study, teaching, and research shall be created and the library will work in partnership with other universities to enrich the research and learning of its users.
RAF library will be committed to:
- Achieving excellence.
- Seek out the best library staff and resources to accomplish its functions.
- Working diligently to exceed the expectations of its users.
RAF library will endeavor to accomplish the following objectives:
- Build a rich collection of information resources in both print and electronic form and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
- Employ appropriate information organization techniques to organize its collection;
- Use appropriate software to automate its functions;
- Come up with appropriate information literacy programmes to build the information literacy and competency skills of its users so as to enhance maximum utilization of resources;
- To recruit, develop and retain qualified, experienced and dedicated professional library staff who will offer high-quality services to the users of the library;
- Make use of appropriate dissemination practices to ensure users are kept abreast with current trends;
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environments for study, teaching, and research;
- Provide materials not only in the areas of immediate concern, but also in the areas of growing importance;
- Provide full bibliographic information of materials held by the library;
- Ensure the digitization, preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collections and resources;
- Advance local, national, and international library and information initiatives
Membership of RAF International University Library System is open to all staff and students of RIU as defined in the University Statutes and to such other persons as may be determined by the Senate in consultation with the University Council.