Research Integrity and Ethics
Research integrity and ethics is how we make sure our research meets the highest ethical standards including guidance, resources and contact information.
Researchers include faculty members, visiting scholars, post-doctoral fellows, and graduate and undergraduate students, and they collaborate with colleagues across the RAF University, at affiliated institutions, and at other research institutions.
The Code of Good Conduct
Overview and Guidance
Our statement on research integrity and ethics is to help you carry out ethically responsible research.
Research integrity means conducting research in a way which allows others to have trust and confidence in the methods used and the findings that result from this. Within the University, conducting research with integrity also means meeting the professional standards expected of our researchers.
HONESTY IN ALL ASPECTS OF RESEARCH, INCLUDING:
- Presentation of research goals, intentions and findings.
- Reporting on research methods and procedures.
- Gathering data.
- Using and acknowledging the work of other researchers.
- Conveying valid interpretations and making justifiable claims based on research findings
THOROUGHNESS AND EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH PRACTICE:
- In performing research and using appropriate methods.
- In adhering to an agreed protocol where appropriate.
- In drawing interpretations and conclusions from the research.
- In communicating the results.
TRANSPARENCY AND OPEN COMMUNICATION:
- In declaring conflicts of interest.
- In the reporting of research data collection methods, including the reuse of data collected for other purposes.
- In the analysis and interpretation of data.
- In making research findings widely available, including sharing negative results as appropriate.
- In presenting the work to other researchers and to the general public.
CARE AND RESPECT FOR:
- All participants in and subjects of research, including humans, animals, the environment and cultural objects.
- The stewardship of research and scholarship for future generations.
- The University’s commitment to integrity in our research is affirmed in its Code of good practice and research integrity.
The Code sets out the professional standards that the University expects of researchers, provides guidance for researchers on good research conduct and issues relating to integrity. We expect everyone involved in research at the University to familiarize themselves with the Code and to apply its standards to their research.
RAF University Research Centre
- 4 faculty members
- 2 internally sponsored research projects
- 1 center and 1 institute